Social media is a great way to promote your law firm, but misuse can completely destroy your reputation. By following these rules and using common sense, you will bypass a lot of problems and will be aimed at a positive result from using your professional Facebook page.
- Professionalism. Do not assume that potential customers only view your business page. They are usually interested in meeting your personal information. Here, be even more vigilant in publications and comments to avoid affecting the reputation of the company you work for. That being said, the must!
- Restraint. Your work as a lawyer often includes debates, but it is not recommended to join them in the Facebook space. To preserve your own reputation, it is better to refrain from expressing your disagreement with others. Post your point of view diplomatically or just avoid social media discussions.
- Spelling. We recommend that you enable the spell check feature when writing and publishing posts. You may have the best argument in the world, but if you make a mistake in at least one word, readers who disagree with you will reproach you with illiterate spelling.
- Credibility. Before you click the “Publish” button, take a few more minutes to check the data you are going to share. Whether the information is outdated, whether the expressed opinion is clear. Your goal is to be a reliable source, present facts and avoid personal conclusions.
- And, finally, never, NEVER write about confidential affairs of clients. Even if you think that you have completely disguised the name of the client, there will be someone who will understand who this is about. No matter how ingenious or instructive the situation is, restrain yourself and do not publish such information. This directly can damage your reputation.
And remember, as lawyers, you must adhere to the highest standards. You must be thoughtful and restrained. You have to be trustworthy.